Sunday, July 19, 2015

The time I wrote about writing...

Writing is always a bittersweet area for me. I love to write and wish I could spend a great deal of my time doing it, but every time I start writing I feel inadequate. I have this desire to write a book, but I don't think anything will ever come of it. Where do people pull these original ideas from? And how do they convince themselves that they aren't insane? Any time I even begin to piece a story together in my mind I can't complete it. I don't know where the story is going to end so I don't know how to direct it's path there.

I could write a story with my life as the basis for the story. Not my life exactly, mind you. I'm not that interesting. Still, I feel like my previous experiences in blogging have made it clear that there isn't much to pull from. Sure, I have stories to tell - some that people might balk at - but who doesn't have those moments in their life?

I could write a science fiction story, but what hasn't been done?

Don't even suggest something about history *snore*. I actually love history, but not THAT much.

Someday it will fall into place, right? RIGHT? I really hope so because my heart strings keep tugging me that way and I'm just not sure I can handle it without it leading to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment